The Ajax Photography Club will be holding an open house and early registration social meetup at Pizza Pino, 855 Westney Rd S, Ajax, ON L1S 3M4 on Friday, September 7th and Wednesday, September 19th, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the club and meet some of the members and executive team.
New and returning members can register for the 2018-2019 season at the event. Membership forms can be downloaded HERE
We hope to see you all there.
- 8 Keynote Speakers: Professional Photographers presenting on various photographic topics (4th Tuesday of the month).
- 20 to 24 Scheduled Photography Classes from October to the end of June (1st, 2nd and 3rd Tuesday of each month). We are now developing a strong education curriculum with 5 educators. We have various photography classes in our curriculum including post processing classes.
- Tutoring Thursdays: in small groups of 2 to 3 members to review Camera Basics, top 10 buttons, Exposure and Composition topics (2 to 3 times a month on Thursday evenings). This is a great refresher for all members, and new camera owners.
- 3 Photo Clinics where members can submit images anonymously to be reviewed by accredited photography judges Feedback and suggestions are given to improve technique and composition. This is not a competition but a strong learning tool.
- 3 Contests: Christmas Digital, GTCCC Inter-club and our Printed competitions.
- Photography Workshops: 3 to 4 each year with professional instructors on various topics (2 – 3 hours).
- Photography Weekend Field trip: a yearly organized event for members who would like to follow an informal scheduled format over the weekend in a beautiful country setting at an affordable rate.
- Mentoring Walks to learn new techniques one-on-one with other members in Nature in local parks and trails.
- Online Challenges: 52-week challenge with a new subject each week.
- Town of Ajax, Volunteer Photo Opportunities, for various town events. Some offer a small honorarium. This is a great way for members to practice.
- The Best Part: To share and learn in a fun photography group of diverse members with all various skill levels.