Our mission is to share and learn by having fun with photography to create outstanding images. We strive to have a strong education component to all our activities.
Open House Events
We will be having two Open Houses on September 10th and 17th, from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. Professional photographer and educator Peter Gatt will give a brief talk, from 8:00 to 8:30 pm, followed by a question and answer period.
Sept 10 – The Photographer’s Eye
Sept 17 – What’s New and Awesome in Photography?
Location: Ajax Public Library, Main Branch, 55 Harwood Ave. South, Rotary Room A. Come and learn what we are all about.
The Ajax Photography Club has over 100 members. Our mission is to share and learn by having fun with photography to create outstanding images. We strive to have a strong education component to all our activities.
Ajax Photography Club Membership Offer
- Friendly monthly meetings featuring informative/educational speakers delivering content on a variety of topics.
- Weekly classes, and access to other events organized by the club at preferred pricing.
- Tutoring sessions on a variety of topics.
- Photo clinics that provide feedback from accredited judges and help you track your progress.
- Photography workshops with professional instructors on various topics.
- An annual photography weekend field trip.
- Mentored photo walks and a platform to organize your own photo events.
- Online 52-week challenge with a new subject each week.
- Annual contests open to all members – Christmas Fun Competition, annual Print Competition, and the OCCC (Ontario Council of Camera Clubs) Inter-club Competition.
- Town of Ajax volunteer photo opportunities for various town events. Some offer a small honorarium.
- Rotating photo exhibits of members’ printed images at the Ajax Town Hall, the McLean Community Centre and the Ajax Hospital.
- Bi-monthly newsletters that provide information on future APC events, Tips & Tricks, and informative articles by club members.
Membership fee for new members is $80/year. September thru August.
Membership forms can be downloaded as a PDF on our website: www.ajaxphotographyclub.com.
Returning members can benefit from the early renewal offering.
For any questions or inquiries please email us at: APCinquiries@gmail.com.